June 4, 2014

Safe Lock


My mother gave me a surprise the other day. I had been delayed in my bills from the past few months and so she wanted to help me out. She gave to me the jewelry my great-grandmother had left her when she passed away. I thought it would be just a few earrings, necklaces and rings. Judging from her old pictures, it seemed like my great-grandmother was a very humble person who rarely got dressed up to impress others. To my surprise, she actually owned a pretty expensive collection of jewelry, a $50,000 worth collection! I did not know what to think. But I did know I needed a safe lock box for it.

There were quite a few robberies in my neighborhood last year and I was not expecting it to drastically decrease this year. So to be on the safe side, I bought myself a safe lock box and placed all the jewelry in it, well, almost all of it. I grabbed $20,000 worth and paid off my two credit card bills with it! A big burden was taken off my back when I did so. It’s incredible how much stress financial hardship can have on people. Those who are not able to bear the stress end up in really bad shape, physically or emotionally. I used to be one of them.

Now my next plan is investing the rest! How can I triple or quadruple my $30,000?! Here’s one question to ponder upon. Should I open up a small business? Should I buy artisan merchandise and re-sell it online for a higher price? I had already been thinking about that! One thing I know for sure is that I am truly blessed. You never know what will come to you, so be open to anything! And keep in mind that you will receive your blessings when you least expect them. Have a great day!